Shower can be the one of the best experiences in one’s life. Be it fighting the laziness of the morning or eliminating the stress of a hectic day in the evening, taking a bath can be the most destressing thing ever. Be it weekend when you can simply roll over your bed the enter day or the start of a busy weekday, taking a shower rejuvenates the mind and nourishes the soul. However, one thing that can make this shower experience even more joyful and safe is a bath stool. If you have been wondering to buy one, let us help you make a wise decision.
What is a bath stool?
A bath stool, which is also called a bath chair or a tub chair or tub seat, is simply a tool that is water resistant. It comes in a plastic or metal design, with a comfortable seat and a backrest. The design is similar to any other size and shape of an ordinary household chair. The bath chair can be placed on the bath tub or even on the bathroom floor, if you don’t have a bath tub. This helps in making the bath experience much better than just simply standing under a shower.
Features of a bath stool
The best bath chairs come with a lot of features. You can certainly expect the following from the best companies in your list.
- Slip-resistant: The bath chair must have a slip-resistant seat and the feet must be suction cup style made of rubber. This will maximize the safety of the chair and will ensure that you don’t unnecessarily slip on the bathroom floor.
- Comfortable ergonomic design: The design of the bath stool must be quite ergonomic and comfortable to use. You certainly cannot tolerate any kind of obstruction or discomfort while using your chair. The chair design must allow you to bath freely in the bathroom.
- Additional support: The bath chairs can be an amazing thing to have for the people who have a little disability. It can help people to easily get in and get out of the tub. Therefore, mobility is also impacted by the use of bath chairs.
These features in a bath stool are very crucial while deciding the factors to buy the best bath chair. The shower experience must be really good and must not lead to any kind of injuries arising out of the chair.
Types of bath chairs
The various types of bath chairs available in the market will simply blow away your mind. Let’s have a look at the various models we have in the market.
- Two-legged chair: These kinds of chairs have two legs to rest on the bath tub and the back of the chair rests on the tub wall. These also have a clamp which help them to be secured with the tub.
- Four-legged chair: The 4-legged chair will be just like a normal chair. The legs will extend down from the seat and will rest on the bathtub or on the bathroom floor. These kinds of bath chairs are quite sturdy and are reliable too. You can certainly be assured of not falling down from the stool so easily. The two-legged chairs can be an utter distress at times, since they have to depend on the strength of the support on the tub wall.
- No leg bath chair: The next type is a no-legged bath stool. These chairs simply have a backrest and a swivel seat which can rest on the top of the two sidewalls of the tub. This type of design can be light and easy to store, and yet can be a little risky to operate. You may run the risk of having the bath stool slipping from the edges.
- Bariatric bath stool: These models are designed to give support to a heavier weight person. These have crossbars and stainless-steel frames that add stability and support.
How to choose the best bath stool?
Getting the best bath is a matter of a knowing how to select a high-quality bath stool. Let’s see the factors that contribute to a good bath chair.
- Seat’s height: The height of the seat does matter as it determines how comfortable you are while taking a bath. Moreover, some of the types of bath chairs don’t even have facility of adjusting height. You must choose a freestyle chair that helps you to adjust the height as you wish. The minimum and maximum adjustable heights do differ and you must check your bath chair thoroughly for this feature. The height must also help you to get out of the tub easily.
- Seat’s width: The width of the seat and the backrest are very crucial factors. You must take into account the space you need to rest yourself and take a comfortable bath. The width of the chair must make it easy for you to turn around and operate the sanitary fittings.
- Style of seat: The style of seat can be completely flat or slightly curved. The slight bow-shaped seats and the ones with little curves can also do wonders. But be careful with the curved ones. They can tip if you sit on the sides of the chair.
- Stability: The bath stool must be quite stable and you must be assured that it won’t rock on the tub. The bath chairs should not slip on the bathroom floor or on the tub.
- Height of tub: The chairs that clamp to the tub walls are to be bought carefully. The height of the tub must be checked before you can think of buying a chair. Do ensure that the bath stool can be clamped easily to the bath tub and must not lead to accidents.
The choice of a good bath chair rests in your hands. The types of bath stool are numerous in the market and you must select the one that helps you to take a comfortable shower and destress your body. A good bath chair is an elixir for an amazing shower experience.